Our CSA program provides our customers with year-round, high quality, pasture-raised meat and poultry at affordable prices.
Not familiar with CSAs? Check out Local Harvest’s summary, including some of the benefits for customers and farmers alike.
Here’s how it works:
A full-pasture CSA share costs $140/month and includes approx. 18-20 lbs of grass-fed meat and poultry.
A half-pasture CSA share costs $75/month and includes approx. 8-10 lbs of grass-fed meat and poultry.
Here’s an example of what you might find in a full share box:
- 2 chickens
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 pork chops
- 1 rump roast
- 1 pkg lamb kabob meat
- 2 ribeye steaks
- 1 pkg bacon
Please note that the above is an example, and the contents will vary dependent on the seasonality and availability of products. However, we always try our very hardest to make sure we provide a variety of products year-round so that you never get tired of a certain cut.
Pasture Share Membership Bonuses:
- CSA members will receive a 10% discount on their Thanksgiving turkey.
- CSA members receive a discount for adding on “Nose to tail” items (organ meats, bones/chicken feet for making stock, and pork culinary fat).
We also offer a “chicken-only” share which will consist of three chickens per month for $55/month (approx. 12 lbs chicken per month). This is a great option for the customer who wants to take advantage of our bulk discount price but might not have the freezer space to purchase 10 or more at a time. Chicken-only share members will also receive a 10% discount on their Thanksgiving turkey.
Membership and Payment
Our members have the option to pay as you go (monthly) or you can commit to a quarterly or semi-annual membership and receive a discount.
Our program offers the convenience and flexibility to skip a month from time to time, however please note that if you skip two or more consecutive months you will be placed on our inactive list and we cannot guarantee we'll have a share for you if/when you choose to return. This is simply because we have to keep the CSA at certain membership levels to cover all the costs of raising our animals. Thanks for your understanding!
Members can choose to pick-up their share each month from one of several convenient drop sites. A monthly email is sent out the week of delivery as a reminder for pick-up date, time and location.
Drop sites are as follows:
- West Eugene / On-Farm – 1st Saturday of the month from 2-4pm or by appointment
- Eugene / Fairmount Market (19th and Agate) – 1st Sunday of the month from 12-1 pm
- Eugene / Falling Sky Delicatessen (Blair Blvd) – the Wednesday evening following the Sunday drop from 5-6 pm
- NE Portland / CSA member’s home – 2nd Sunday of the month from 1-2 pm